Let’s take the journey together
Whether you’re ready to design your dream home, hope to determine the development potential of your property or simply need more information about custom home design, our team is ready to help. Reach out now and let’s start the conversation.
4-1405 Cornwall Rd, Oakville, ON L6J 7T5
Junior Architectural Designer
David Small Designs is a mid-size architectural design firm looking to add creative individuals to join in our unique approach to custom home design. In the first few months in this role, you will be assisting the design team with preparing custom designs for our clients, and grow to directly present the designs you create. This is an exciting opportunity for someone looking to advance their career in the architecture and design field.
Work location is flexible, and may be fully remote or a hybrid of in office and remote work. We offer a competitive salary plus profit sharing bonus plan.
- In collaboration with the design team, create initial design concepts, review drawings prepare markups and prepare presentation packages
- Translate sketches into computer drawings (Softplan) and 3D modelling (Sketchup)
- Finalize design packages, including squiggling and photoshopping plans and creating the polished 3D renderings
- Liaise with internal teams when changes are required that will affect design
- Create design base sheets
- Create updated renderings and colour boards to visualize proposed materials
- Provide updates to clients as required
- Once successfully acclimated to the DSD approach, you will also be meeting with clients to present and review design drawings
- Bachelor’s Degree in Architectural Design
- 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role, recent graduates who have completed a co-op placement(s)
- Working knowledge of design and modelling software
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- A drive to “wow” the customer and inspire excitement
- Great attention to detail with focus on timely project completion and exceeding customer’s expectations
- An understanding of how design intersects with the realities of home construction
- An open mind, professional demeanor and the ability to accurately verbalize the rationale behind design decisions
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
If you meet the above qualifications, and are interested in joining a high performance team, please submit your resume along with your portfolio (please include hand sketch(es), 3D rendering(s), and floor plan(s) of a custom home design). We thank all applicants; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.
David Small Designs provides accommodations for applicants with disabilities, available on request during all aspects of the recruitment process.