A home is greater than the sum of its parts. There are millions of ways to put together the pieces of a home. Our goal is to put those pieces together in the most functional, most beautiful, and most efficient way; even more importantly, our goal is to put those pieces together in a way that truly reflects the lifestyle, design style and desires of the homeowner.
We are looking for an artistic, inspired and experienced Architectural Designer to join our team and help us put those pieces together.
Our ideal team member must have…
- Bachelor’s or higher degree in architectural design.
- 1-3 years of work experience in Canadian residential architectural design and wood frame construction, with responsibilities that include independent creation of concept design, design development and client interactions.
- A passion for residential architectural design
- Innovative ideas/approach to design
- Residential architectural design experience in the GTA
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- An ingrained respect for the homeowner’s wishes, ideals, design style and budget
- A deep rooted connection between design and the realities of home construction
- The ability to take words and translate them into tangible form
- An open mind, an attentive ear and the ability to accurately verbalize the rationale behind their design decisions
- Must have great attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills with focus on timely project completion and exceeding customer’s expectations.
- Driver’s license and regular access to a reliable vehicle
Please submit resume + architectural design portfolio to email@example.com
In your cover letter, please include when you are available to start and salary expectation.
David Small Designs welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Group Health benefits
37.5 hour workweek, permanent, full-time
A flexible work arrangement that includes in-office and remote work as required
for more information on our firm please visit www.davidsmalldesigns.com
Job Type: Full-time
Job Location: Oakville, ON
Required education: BA, Architectural Design
Required work experience: 2+ years in Architectural Design